Thursday, August 9, 2007

Confirmed: F2 Tornado Touches Down...In Brooklyn!

What was thought to be a violently windy thunderstorm that plowed through Brooklyn Wednesday morning turned out to be a weather event of historical proportions.On Staten Island, the sound of this storm was ridiculous. At first, for about 3 hours, it was a very entertaining SILENT lightning show in the sky. Not one bit of thunder or rain along with the multiple forms of lightning which were striking about every 1-3 seconds. Then I laid down about 5 am and I swear if I hadn't saw the lightning earlier, I would have though we were under attack. This was the kind of thunder you can feel in your chest and will wake you out of a deep sleep. Car and house alarms instantly blared from the first crack of thunder, and repeatedly tripped for about 2 hours. Water was shooting upwards from the manhole covers, and I awoke to find two dead robins and a bluejay in my pool with lightning burns to their NECKS.. Then today it was 105 degrees at the Korn show at PNC.mmmmm emissions

read more | digg story

No comments: